Welcome Message

Greetings! Welcome to Jenn's insight to Web 2.0

Monday

Podcasting

1, 2, 3 . . . Action! Nope, it's not filming, it's podcasting! What is podcasting? Podcasting is a way of sharing audio content such as stories, directions, music, talk shows, interviews, etc. online. There are so many benefits to using podcasts. Listeners like using podcasts because files are available to them anytime, anywhere, and they can listen to them multiple times. For speakers, podcasts are a simple way of sharing their message(s) rather than recording it and copying it onto cd's or tapes.

Podcasts are also useful for keeping people connected. I once knew a girl who could not physically attend church for four months due to massive re-constructive surgery on her legs and hips. She was saddened, but because her pastor recorded his preachings and then uploaded them as podcasts, she was able to keep up with news, and hear God's word.

Podcasts are also beneficial to classroom teachers and students. Teachers can upload directions, read stories, or give a lesson through podcasting. Students can use podcasts to share findings on a particular investigation, conducting interviews, etc. The possibilities are endless!

I have never made a podcast myself. I have heard from my peers that Garage Band is the program to use. I think I'll take a look and make/upload a podcast on the blog.

No comments: