Welcome Message

Greetings! Welcome to Jenn's insight to Web 2.0

Monday

YouTube - Video Sharing

As I am uploading my video onto YouTube, I find myself curious to its history. According to Wikipedia Encyclopedia, YouTube is available in twelve different languages and takes 45 terabytes of storage space! That is about 500,000 user accounts and 83 million videos! It's hard to imagine but it is estimated that more than 100 million videos are watched on a daily basis. While most of these videos appear to be inappropriate for school use, there are some that I could use with my class. The only thing is YouTube is a restricted/blocked site on the Howard County Public Schools server. I wonder if there is anything like YouTube for educational uses, or if there is a way to download certain videos from YouTube onto your computer?

Well, I have uploaded my first YouTube video and have embedded it to my blog! Take a look at it. It is a video of my toy poodle opening junk mail! It's pretty funny, just ignore her bad hair day!!



1 comment:

Carrie said...

Love the video of your dog!